As a public communications intern at Tampa Bay Water, you will support the communications liaison for a government agency that serves over 2.5 million Tampa Bay residents. The experience will prove critical to launching a successful career in the ever-evolving, challenging world of public communications.
Public communications interns will:
- Work alongside accredited communications professionals
- Draft news releases, media alerts, web site copy and other agency publications
- Assist in annual report production
- Coordinate and attend agency events
- Manage employee newsletter content and distribution
- Explore new ways to maintain direct communication between the community and Tampa Bay Water
"Working as a public communications intern at Tampa Bay Water for the past year has been a very enlightening experience. Working in the public communications department has allowed me to transition what I have learned in the classroom and apply it to a professional setting. While working at this agency I have been able to gain real world experience working with the public. I was fortunate to work on the annual report as well as gain further experience in social media and writing. This internship has given me many valuable skills that I will take with me as I transition from an undergraduate into the professional world."
— Kathleen Poole
Public Communications Intern
Advertising and Public Relations
University of Tampa